Monday, September 21, 2009

John Note- Virtual/Real world installation idea "Memory Gun"

I have a skate video coming out in most likely February of 2010. My idea is to make the DVD menu, and titles for the video all using cut out letters, a projector, and MODUL8. Modul8 lets you map out where exactly you want light to hit, and you can do it for multiple shapes and objects. This means that the DVD menu will be set up in the real world, and afterwords I will place invisible buttons over the words "play all", "Chapter Select", and "Bonus Features". I will set up my idea in Secondlife, just to have a virtual idea of what it will look like, and then will proceed to cut out the letters, and go at it one day in a studio. For the DVD menu, I will also have skaters skating back and forth pass the letters to show that it is an actual installation. An example of the letters at the end of this that I will be using, and an example of MODUL8 in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment