Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Story Time

Installation Proposal

I intend to use the conventional idea of story telling but incorporate the elements of media to do it. I will design the initial beginning of the story in Second Life using music, words, and structures built in Second Life. The visitor will be able to immerse themselves in the story actively by touching the certain points, porting to websites and moving to different locations. It will never be clear what will happen next and how the next part of the story will be delivered.
An actual installation can exits in the real world with active walls, computers and music to heighten the effect. I chose this method because it incorporates mediums that I am interested in. I want to experiment with how people receive information, how a story can be more active, how the imagination can be worked and intensified.

No comments:

Post a Comment